We’ve all been told time and time again that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but 31 million Americans skip breakfast everyday. So, what’s the big deal about breakfast anyways? Here at Eggtc., we believe breakfast really is all it’s cracked up to be! If you have a habit of skipping breakfast, this article from Huffington Post lists 5 reasons why you should eat breakfast and is sure to make you a breakfast believer-
- The breakfast meal is necessary to fill our minds and bodies after going without food during the hours we were asleep. Countless studies have shown that adults who race out the door without a morsel in their mouths don’t perform as well at work as when they’re fueled. The same goes for kids who go to school hungry.
- Without food, your blood sugars levels could resemble a roller coaster, leading to fatigue and irritability. It will also be harder to make decisions and stay level-headed … not a pretty picture in the workplace or at home.
- Skipping breakfast often leads to a high-calorie, mid-morning snack or sends an invitation to indulge in a heavier lunch. And that can quickly cause your pants to get tighter.
- Breakfast can help keep disease at bay. A recent study suggests that starting your day with a solid breakfast helps keep diabetes in check, and certain choices, like a bowl of oatmeal, could curtail cholesterol levels.
- Good habits are contagious. A sensible morning meal sets the tone for the choices you’ll make the remainder of the day.
There you have it! With choices like fresh fruit and oatmeal to Belgium waffles and omelets, you can’t go wrong with Eggtc. for breakfast. Stop by either our South Plaza or Shawnee locations and jump start your day the right way!